Enabling mobile subscribers use their mobile ID to access leading OTT media Apps
June 9th 2017 – Dublin, Ireland: Vennetics, an innovator of IT and telecommunications applications, has today announced the live deployment of its Identity & Access Server (IAS) supporting automatic mobile network authentication for leading OTT media Apps.
Commenting on the deployment, Kieran Dalton, Chairman of Vennetics said: “Subscription Video on Demand and Subscription Music services are becoming increasingly ubiquitous. In many developed markets, the penetration of S-VoD and S-Music applications from one provider or another is circa 75%, and the consumption of this content is increasingly mobile. Globally we’ve seen mobile operators respond to these trends by bundling leading video and music services with their consumer price plans in order to enhance their service offering and meet their subscriber’s evolving entertainment needs.”
Dalton continued: “to date the sign up process to these partner subscription services has been a clunky experience for the end user. Vennetics IAS addresses this by enabling the subscriber to use their mobile credentials to access these OTT content apps.”
Vennetics IAS is an identity repository, designed to manage all types of cross-channel customer identity data, automatically maintaining security and privacy. IAS provides mobile operators with a single configuration point to specify which premium subscription services are included within specific price plans. The mobile operators content partners are presented with standard OAuth based integration points.
Using OAuth and other industry standand mechanisms Vennetics IAS allows subscribers on specific price plans to use their mobile credentials to authenticate and access the premium subscription services. This is achieved without exposing network resident customer data externally. Different subscribers can be provided with different levels of access to third party applications, based on their price plan profile. In this manner, the Vennetics IAS facilitates network operators in creating new and exciting customer driven propositions designed to delight and inspire their subscribers.
The benefits for the mobile subscriber are:
1. Removes the need to create yet another customer profile with the third party application provider. The subscriber simply uses their mobile creditentials to access the service, so there’s no need to remember yet another username and password.
2. Removes the need to create a new billing relationship or make additional payments to a third party provider as this is done via the mobile operator.
3. The subscriber benefits from exclusive and relevant offers with popular online service that their mobile operator has negotiated on their behalf.
The benefits for the mobile operator are:
1. Enables mobile operators to monetise OTT traffic on their networks.
2. Extends the operators brand to the partners App and delivers a real feeling of exclusitity to their subscribers.
3. Greatly enhances the overall user experience for the subscriber, and injects greater value into the subscribers Mobile Phone Number as a form of ID.
Vennetics is encouraged to see wider deployments of cooperative OTT Services and anticipates additional live deployments of their Identity and Access Server as operators seek to differentiate on what they offer to premium subscribers.
Vennetics was founded in 2007. We are an internet age company that brings together a forward looking, business orientated team with proven experience in both the communications and information technology industries. At Vennetics we’re committed to enabling our customers launch relevant and engaging services. Services that delight their customers and meet their evolving entertainment and communication needs.
Follow us on Linkedin:
P: +353 86 8152693