API program management has traditionally resided in your network, where it sits in front of your APIs, managing every incoming call to apply the relevant rules before passing calls through to your API backend. By contrast Vennetics Open Service Gateway is a solution for cloud or in-network needs. It’s designed to manage, analyze and monetise your APIs, giving you the power to maximize your API offering. The Open Service Gateway delivers a pre-defined set of enablers for Telco integrations (Messaging, Charging, Subscriber Profile, Location etc), and what sets it apart is its ability to rapidly develop new ones on demand.
At the heart of our architecture is a micro services based architecture allowing best of breed approaches to be used in the delivery of each API. At the edge of the network our API Gateway provides security, resilience, traffic management, monitoring and more to protect your APIs and meet your target SLAs. Our micro services provide a suite of APIs and enablers supporting multiple Telco integrations and standards in a flexible, scaleable and easy to deploy manner. Our API Gateway can also be deployed in front of your pre-existing APIs and services as detailed below, providing traffic control, load balancing, security and on-boarding. API management operations like access control, rate limits and payment gateway integration are easily carried out on our intuitive dashboard.
The Open Service Gateway provides a single point of entry to microservices and for all client types. It handles the requests and proxy/route/balance to the relevant microservices endpoints based on their unique roles and specific properties of each type of a mircoservice. The Gateway can provision microservices public APIs to all clients and over all the combinations of protocols and data formats transparently at once.
Our Open Service Gateway has an industry leading 99.99% uptime.
Avoid the cost and constant maintenance of having to build each API solution from scratch.
Ensure your API’s meet your customer’s performance SLAs and business spikes.
Get alerts on any API failures or slowdowns.
RAPIDLY GROW YOUR API PARTNER ECOSYSTEM
By automating onboarding and enabling developers to easily consume your APIs.
Gain much deeper insights into your APIs performance through our business and analytics reports.
QUICKLY BUILD NEW APIS
Using OpenAPI online, versioned documentation co-hosted with the APIs.
Protect your APIs from OWASP known top 10 threats and adaptive threats such as bad bots.
Manage API versions seamlessly with zero downtime upgrades.
As cloud native applications are dynamic the Open Service Gateway scales up or down on demand.
SECURITY AND POLICY CONTROLS
Secure the Telco’s API’s between developers, customers, partners, and employees who use the API’s
OPEN SERVICE GATEWAY ARCHITECTURE
The Open Service Gateway has a modular architecture allowing the deployment of specific services according to your needs. All services are packaged using docker containers and ready for deployment in your cloud infrastructure. Through containerisation we can rapidly configure and test all deliverables for your environment. All application services have been designed using the latest reactive principles for scalable, responsive and resilient traffic handling.
The platform consists of the following key principles and logical components:
1. CORE INFRASTRUCTURAL SERVICES
- Provide the standard features used in all deployments including monitoring, insights, dynamic service discovery, provisioning and routing.
- Full support for horizontal scaling in a could environment including geographic redundancy.
- Provides real-time dashboards for viewing and managing system and user status.
- Real time platform configuration.
- Online documentation of deployed APIs for easy access by third party developers.
2. DATABASE PERSISTENCE
- Support for polyglot persistence across a range of backend data stores.
Best of breed database chosen according to data query requirements.
- First order support for Cassandra, Redis, MySQL, Solr, Hazelcast and Memcached.
- Dynamically scalable for load and redundancy requirements.
3. API GATEWAY
- Provides single point of entry for all client types.
- OWASP threat protection.
- Modern event driven reactive architecture for dynamic scalability.
- Supports multiple protocols and standards out of the box including OMA specifications for many Telco APIs.
- Provides protocol transformation for adapting legacy APIs to new standards.
- Handles access control, dynamic routing and service discovery including failure detection and fallback handling in event of service failures.
4. API ENABLERS
- A suite of API enablers providing out of the box for many API standards across the Telco domain.
- Support for multiple network protocol integrations.
- Ready to integrate with all core platform services and API gateway.
- Pre-packaged and ready for runtime configuration in any cloud environment.